The IO-MBA program was developed as a multidisciplinary curriculum in consultation with renowned scholars, high-level officials from international and non-governmental organizations and business executives. It connects the organizations’ context with contemporary management tools and techniques.
- Master advanced management skills and practices commonly used in intergovernmental, public and non-profit organizations
- Analyze fundamental concepts of change management in complex organizational settings
- Explore risk analysis and decision-making mechanisms specific to international institutions and cope with international challenges
- Gain project management skills within the international development context and set up innovative solutions
- Strengthen leadership and team management skills and learn to apply intercultural negotiation techniques
- Develop a professional network to share knowledge and expertise all around the world
Participants can attend the IO-MBA full-time as a one-year intensive program. The program starts every year in September. Students must apply before the last round of applications (30 May).
The IO-MBA Program features state-of-the art teaching methods, including a mixture of lectures, case studies, and practical assignments, taught internationally recognized scholars and practitioners. Participants work in small multi-cultural and multi-professional groups that reflect the dynamic professional context within international organizations.
Participants are from over 20 different countries and come from professional diverse backgrounds. Having worked in IOs, NGOs, NPOS, or in public and private sector, participants have an average of five years of work experience. IO-MBA counts over 250 alumni working in diverse sectors in international development, including business, government, NGOs and social enterprise.
IO-MBA program overview