UNCTAD-UNIGE Sustainability Research Centre
UNCTAD and the University of Geneva signed a new MOU creating a joint virtual research centre. The Sustainability Research Centre strengthens ties between the two institutions and will focus on research and events related to corporate social responsibility (CSR).
In the first phase, two students of the International Organizations MBA worked assisting with research for UNCTAD’s World Investment Report and its Sustainable Stock Exchanges initiative.
Students who have been admitted to the IO-MBA program and paid their commitment fees can apply to a research position in the joint Sustainability Research Centre. This part-time position entails doing research under the supervision of UNCTAD’s CSR Focal Point, Dr. Anthony Miller, from September to July and take part in the preparation of UNCTAD’s yearly publication. The position is currently unpaid, but it can be done in lieu of the practicum and MBA project, which is otherwise done after the end of the academic year.
IO-MBA has a partnership with Oak Foundation who offers a few paid internships to IO-MBA participants each year. Oak Foundation commits its resources to address issues of global, social and environmental concern, particularly those that have a major impact on the lives of the disadvantaged. With offices in Europe (Geneva), Africa, India and North America, Oak Foundation make grants to organizations in approximately 40 countries worldwide.
IO-MBA has a long-standing relationships with many other IOs and NGOs and works on a continuous basis with selected organizations, such as UNCTAD or the Oak Foundations
A partial list of organizations in Geneva that have welcomed IO-MBA students for their internship/consultancy IOMBA Master thesis:
- European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ)
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
- The Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI)
- Global Business Coalition on HIV/AIDS (GBC)
- The Global Fund Against HIV and Malaria
- International Emissions Trading Associaton (IETA)
- International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
- International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
- International Labour Office (ILO)
- International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- International Trade Centre (ITC)
- International Union for Conservation of Nature
- UN Office for the Coordination of Human Affairs (OCHA)
- Organization for Economic and Cooperation and Development (OECD)
- UNDP Growing Sustainable Business initiative (UNDP-GSB)
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
- United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- World Conservation Union (IUCN)
- World Economic Forum (WEF)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- World Trade Organization (WTO)