The International Organizations MBA (IO-MBA) is a unique program designed for individuals who aspire to managerial positions in an IO, NGO, or Social Enterprise, and for existing managers who wish to enhance their skills with a view to taking on greater responsibility in their own organization.
Located in the heart of Geneva, in proximity to the United Nations and other prestigious international institutions, the University of Geneva‘s IO-MBA offers a multidisciplinary curriculum taught by an international faculty from leading universities around the world and practitioners from IOs and NGOs.
The IO-MBA connects the organizations’ context with contemporary management tools and techniques and provides access to the United Nations and many other organizations in Geneva. It exposes students to the latest theoretical and applied knowledge combined with state-of-the-art teaching methodologies.
- Master advanced management skills and practices commonly used in intergovernmental, public and non-profit organizations
- Analyze fundamental concepts of change management in complex organizational settings
- Explore risk analysis and decision-making mechanisms
- Gain project management skills and set up innovative solutions
- Strengthen leadership and team management skills and learn to apply intercultural negotiation techniques
- Develop a professional network to share knowledge and expertise all around the world
Participants can attend the IO-MBA full-time as a one-year intensive program. The program starts every year in September. Students must apply before the last round of applications (30 May).
The IO-MBA Program features state-of-the art teaching methods, including a mixture of lectures, case studies, and practical assignments, taught internationally recognized scholars and practitioners. Participants work in small multi-cultural and multi-professional groups that reflect the dynamic professional context within international organizations.
Participants come from over 25 different countries, from diverse professional backgrounds (IOs, NGOs, NPOs, or in the public and private sector) and have an average of five years of work experience. The IO-MBA counts over 250 alumni working in diverse sectors in international development (IOs, NGOs), social entreprise, business and government.
IO-MBA program overview